Saturday, December 17, 2005

Rubber Duckie, You're The One


Upon finishing a few Christmas presents out of this lovely wool, I decided to knit Miles a hat. He only has a few winter hats, but complains everytime I put one on. He doesn't seem to mind this hat all that much, infact no complaints when I put it on his head. Perhaps it's the fancy beehive pattern.

This rubber duck is his favorite toy. No matter how hard I try to get him to like this cute teddy bear he has, he always wants his duck. He will travel great distances to get his duck, and must always have his duck by his side when he is eating or bathing. On the subway the other day I saw a man lean over to his wife and say "Look at that (pointing to Miles), I think that kid's chewing on a rubber duck". The wifes response..."How strange". Well I don't think it is all that odd, and I have no choice in the matter. Since then, I've given up on the bear as a favorite toy. I am now a believer that the rubber duck is super cute, and will think the fact that my son loves to chew on it's bill is delightful. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

emily said...

you can knit????? and very well at that!
kids pick the strangest things to attach to. for a couple of weeks aethan was attached to a blue link froma plastic chain. he napped with it, chewed on it, loved it. he still won't attach to soft, cuddly teddies no matter what i do. instead he falls asleep with matchbox cars. sometimes one in each hand.